Thursday, July 31, 2008

London Transport Museum



Tuesday, I took the kids to "the train museum." All I can say is, why didn't we we discover this earlier?! Justin was thrilled and kept running from exhibit to exhibit shouting, "Whoa, look at that!" They had everything from "sedan chairs" to horse-drawn carriages, buses and trams of all sorts and sizes, steam trains and electrical trains - Justin was in heaven! These are some of our favorites:


The play area was just as exciting. There were several wooden vehicles with steering wheels and tv screens with actual driving footage. Justin climbed in one of the buses an sat there for a few minutes before I asked him if he was going to drive. He said he was picking up his passengers. I checked out the tv screen and, sure enough, he was pulled up to the curb. Once the bus started to pull into traffic, he flew into action!

Afterward, we walked around and watched a few street performers.



No comments: