Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

I should probably tell you that this was not the first time J and Mc donned these outfits (as I'm sure any of you with children have experienced). No, Halloween is no longer the one-night-a-week, stay-out-as-late-as-possible-to-try-to-get-as-much-candy-as-you-can holiday. Now kids can relax because they will have numerous opportunities to prey on the guilt of neighbors and friends and complete strangers.

Don't get me wrong, October through mid-January is my favorite time of the year because of all of the celebrations, decorations and get-togethers. So, we got all dressed up and went to the monster mash and trunk-or-treat in our old ward (on moving day) then we got all dressed up and went to the fall festival and trunk-or-treat in our new ward (the next weekend) then we got all dressed up the morning of and went to Justin's school for a costume parade and class party (complete with two goodie bags and cupcake decorating) then we escaped a trip to Toys-r-Us for more free candy and free advertising and then we got all dressed up that night for the real deal. Alex took them around the neighborhood while I stayed to hand out the treats.

This is what I had been waiting for . . . to see the smiles on my kids' faces (above) as they headed out into the unknown. Aah . . . Halloween.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE!

Renee (and Eric) said...

I don't mind the dressing up part. My kids dress up just about every day, but I'm actually a bit of a Halloween scrooge. I really could do with only one event myself. Treats ok, but treats and then treats and then treats again and again. Phew. I almost bought the kids toothbrushes for the preschool Halloween party. But cupcakes were cheaper. Ha! Eric thinks I'm a bit of curmudgeon about it all.

Brandi said...

They look adorable in their costumes. Glad you guys had a lot of events to go to. We love dressing up over here so I'm all over it! :)